Wings of Love Women’s Ministry (WLWM) helps women experience healing and spiritual growth, while cultivating their God-given gifts and ministering in their local churches and their communities and the world.
WLWM connects with women who have battled abuse in their lives, and who have been held back from moving forward for whatever reason. We encourage victims of abuse to go forth and grow in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ with more commitment & boldness, knowing that through healing and restoration “the good work God has began in them He will complete.’’
WLWM has the following objectives:
- To provide opportunities for women to deepen their faith and experience spiritual growth and renewal
- To provide crisis response advocacy, along with the critical resources needed for victims of abuse to take the first step
- To elevate women as persons of worth
- Address the concerns of women
- Build networks among women
- Challenge Godly women to use their talents and spiritual gifts for the glory of God in the home, church, and community
Women are encouraged to:
- Accept their calling as Women of God who will offer themselves daily as living sacrifices, acceptable and pleasing to God;
- Serve God with zeal, keeping their spiritual fervor and hope in the Lord Jesus Christ;
- Be faithful in prayer; and
- Share with God’s people who are in need.
“For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for prosperity and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you. Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:11-13)
WLWM provides various resources to help women who have been abused emotionally and physically rebuild their self-esteem so they can know and walk in the knowledge and understanding that they are intricately designed by God and to glorify God by using their God-given gifts.
These resources include:
“Discovering Your Spiritual Gifts”
“A Christian Mentoring Guide for Women”
“You Are God’s Masterpiece”
“Seeking the Face of God”
More information is available on the Ministry Resources page.
WLWM offers an Online Bible Study via its Blog:
1. Personal Study of the Bible Revives the Soul
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (II Timothy 2:15)
2. Builds Wisdom
“Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth. Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee. Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.” (Proverbs 4:5-8)
3. Produces Joy
4. Leads to Righteousness
“Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall”. (Matthew 5:6)
“But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness[His way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also.” (Matthew 6:33)